Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Why Real Estate?


Over the past 22 years, as I think about it, the response I've received most often when I sit down with a client to find out just what they might be looking for in a home is, "I'd like a little house with a yard." And the look in their eyes is always the same. A little glaze, a little dreamy, a lot excited and a lot hopeful that we'll find just that.




A little house with a yard. Just a small statement, but loaded with hope, and dreams, and future plans, excitement and possibility of what the future can look like. For 22 years, that dream has never changed.




What is it about that house and yard that can add so much joy to a life? My hope in starting this blog is to learn from you what you all have received from it, but also, through my reminiscing and stories, to help you to see the value in that pile of bricks or shingled frame for you. To help you discover that there's nothing like real estate for an investment -- still, through good and tough economies. That "a little house with a yard" encompasses everything, not just the earth below and the air rights above. It's our dreams, our joys, our creativity, our security, our stake in the world.




I've often said, under stressful times, and this business is FULL of stress, that I should have had my head examined several years ago for staying in this career. But, just like today, when I hand over the keys to a new home -- a little house with a yard -- to a first time homebuyer in his 20's and hear "Thank you so much. I don't know how to thank you for all of your help", everything is WORTH it. I LOVE what I do for a living!




Not only will I share stories and situations with you all through this blog site, but I also welcome questions and comments from you. I hope to be of help to you. So, why real estate for me? because it's the greatest career I can think of. And for you? it's the best financial and emotional investment you can make now and into the future.




And so, right here, I want to say thank you to all of you who have placed your trust in me over the years. I consider it an honor and a privilege to have served you. And i look forward to continuing to help buyers find their own house with a yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment